Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Seasteading Economics: Let There Be Shares!

Back to Seasteading topic.

SHARE can mean Stocks or Give.

To avoid mix-up with other kinds of share, let us call it as S3A (SEA STEADING SHARE ALLOCATION). The purpose of a S3A in a Seastead is to provide an opportunity for its inhabitants to become prosperous in economic terms through percentage of income when the Seastead can reach profit through its revenues from economic activity performed in the Seastead.

The S3A can be commonly created during the inception of a Seastead. 
  • Johny gives $100, Toby gives $50, Randy gives S25, Billy also gives $25.
  • Therefore the composition of S3A is Johny (50%), Toby (25%), Randy (12.5%), and Billy (12.5%)

  • The Seastead then runs a business by appointing Johny as operator. The rest of the Steaders work their own projects.
  • The S3A is not necessarily have to be printed in papers but it must be known to all Seasteaders on that particular Seastead about who owns it.
  • When the Seastead obtain a profit of $1000, some may be reinvested on the profitable business. Say 80%? Maybe that even some include bonus for Johny. Then the rest 20% can be divided to the S3A Holders.
Ever wonder why you still can meet poverty in a rich industrialized country?
  • Some says that people becomes poor because they are not competitive.
  • Some might even says that people becomes poor because they are lazy.
  • There are also who believes people falls to poverty because their own mistakes.
  • Others says it's about the absence of luck.
  • While some believes it is because they have no access to revenues.
The truth is, you can say anything you want about poor people or why people becomes poor until you become one of them.

Do you believe that people that doesn't work doesn't get paid?
Well, not all of them. Some were so lucky to inherit from their predecessors. In the opposite, there're people who whoops their ass to work all day through multiple jobs, with low resting hours, in hope to gain additional income without considering health effects both physical and mental. In the S3A system all Steaders are considered investors and owners. You can be a janitor and still receive S3A profits! S3A are not only for the big spenders. All for one, One for all!

The S3A model is actually a remodelled system of capitalism and fair share system. So everyone gets a piece of the cookie. Here Johny got a relatively fair share because he got some bonus for doing things right and profitable. While the rest can also enjoy Johny's hardwork because they are the investors and more important of all is they're on the same Seastead. The prosperity of the Seastead must be enjoyed by all of its dwellers. Therefore no Seastead inhabitants should be allowed S3A-less or without access to profit sharing. Even if it's only a tiny fraction, it's important for the distribution of wealth. I have seen some poor people lost their possessions sometimes forcefully to other people, therefore I wish the Seasteading is a more economically humane realm.

You may witness a big company buying a whole block of housing in a poor neighborhood and create a supermall. Why can't the owner of the block receives a tiny fraction from their sacrifices of giving their homes for the supermall? We can argue that it's a fair buying process. What we often overlook is the longterm effects that the rich tends to become richer and the poor is not a surprise become poorer. An economic activity should also empower the less fortunate.

But to own S3A, you have to give in money right? What about if they no longer issuing stock or don't want to sell their stock?
Did I mention anything about stock issue? I only wish to use one simple system which is the percentage (%). If you don't have the money or can't buy the S3A, you can become one of the Steader if the current Steader meeting agrees to have you in. Then some may give their S3A to you. Considering you are a freeloader, Johny gives you 0.00005% of his S3A, Maybe little, but it will makes you feel better to become one of the owners of a Seastead.

S3A is not recommended for collateral or traded to outsider because it may threaten the ownership of the Seastead to fall to outside parties, and you become rent-a-steading.

S3A is not an instrument of profit seeking, it is an instrument of profit sharing!

What? You're suggesting that a Seastead have to give every Steaders their share of money when there's profit? No catch at all?
Well, I don't say there's no catch. Steader can lose their S3A if they're repeatedly hinders the Seastead efforts without logical arguments. So they have to be nice to each other. In the extreme case, people can be jobless in a Seastead but still receiving their S3A profits but if someone (regardless rich or poor) become vandalistic or even saboteuring or endangering other Steaders, that person must leave (maybe detaching their own Seastead from the community). 

No comments:

Post a Comment